| || |
Garage/Yard Sale Permit
At least one working day prior to your garage sale you must purchase a Garage/Yard Sale permit at Downey City Hall, Cashier Counter. The permit costs $10.00. You may have your sale for two consecutive days, or 3 consecutive days on a City holiday weekend. Whomever purchases the permit at City Hall must show a valid photo I.D. and proof of residency at the address of the sale.
Garage/Yard sales are subject to the following:
1. Resident purchasing permit must be present at garage/yard sale at all times.
2. Inclement weather may extend the period of time equal to the days lost.
3. The merchandise offered for sale shall consist of the resident’s personal goods
only. New merchandise may not be offered for sale.
4. It is illegal to post signs on public utility poles, street signs, traffic signs, trees and in the public
right-of-way. Posting of such signs will result in you being assessed a $25.00 removal fee for
each sign and the filing of a criminal complaint.
5. The permit must be posted in a conspicuous location where it may be viewed from the street.
6. In the event of apartments, multi-party or block sales each address or unit
where goods are offered for sale must have a permit.
7. All sale areas are restricted to the garage and driveway area. If no driveway exists
one-half (1/2) of the property width in the front yard may be used for sale of merchandise.
If you have any questions regarding Garage/Yard sales please call the City Code Enforcement Unit at (562) 904-2392.
City of Downey
11111 Brookshire Avenue
Downey, CA 90241